With the temperature increasing every day (currently 26°c) and the sun shining all week long, barbecue is a must!
Chicken, Halloumi, sausages,… Everything tastes better on the grill. In our family we usually make homemade oven baked fries to go with this as my father hates the smell deep fryers make… In addition to this very good reason, oven baked is much healthier 🙂
There’s no need to describe the goodness of sweet potatoes. If you’ve tasted it, you’re probably already in love with their particular sweet taste and soft texture.
Ingredients (for 5 pers.):
- 5 sweet potatoes (medium sized)
- Olive oil
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 3 garlic cloves
Preheat oven at 180°c
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into slices about 1 cm thick then cut each slice lengthwise into sticks.
- Rinse in water then dry well with a towel.
- Toss in a bowl with about 3-5 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on the baking sheet and add the garlic cloves unpeeled and 4 sprigs of thyme (it will release its aroma in the oven and give a special taste to the fries)
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. You can stir the fries halfway through to get it more evenly baked.
- Before serving, remove the baked thyme (it will look carbonized) and garnish with fresh ones.