At last, I have the time to post the recipe and pictures of the amazing banana bread I’ve been making since some time for my “gluten-free” brother’s breakfast 😉 Well my other bros can also have some slices whenever it gets out of the oven, fragrant, soft and warm. Otherwise it would be torture to let them watch the food sensitive one, eat it all, while they’re having plain bread. The only downpart to this bread, is that I have to wake up a little earlier because it takes about 1h15 to make from start to finish. It keeps very well for one or two days and freezes beautifully but still it tastes it’s best, fresh out of the oven.
I made no change to the original recipe found on the blog Gimme Delicious as it turned out perfectly the first time I tried it. My only contribution might be to have converted all the the US units into European units 😉
You can find the original recipe here: http://gimmedelicious.com/2014/12/14/the-best-ever-super-moist-gluten-free-banana-bread/
- 200 gr (2 cups) Gluten-free flour
- 5 ripe bananas mashed
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) sugar (including 1 pack of vanilla sugar)
- 113 gr (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 75-100 gr chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 170°c. Line a loaf pan with with parchment paper ans set aside
- In a bowl put together the flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and mashed bananas until well blended. Add flour and chocolate chips and stir gently until incorporated (do not over mix. It doesn’t matter if there a few lumps). Pour batter into the loaf ban and smooth the top.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
- Serve warm with a chunk of butter, apricot jam or a drizzle of maple syrup.