So here is the last one of the Birthday serie. Sorry guys for the late post! I had a busy week-end (still had the the time to make cookies and banana bread but these are essentials, aren’t they? ;)) By the way, the banana bread from Gimme Delicious Food blog was amazing! There will be a new post for that one too anytime soon.
But let’s go back to this recipe. So Pavlova being my brother-in-law’s favorite dessert it had to be that for him. No complain, Pavlova is always good. And no fuss for this one too. I just baked a basic meringue, filled it with soft whipped cream (a few drops of red colorant made it take a nice blush tint 😍) and topped it with strawberries marinated in sugar. There was syrup dripping down the sides…
- 3 large egg whites
- 160 g extra fine sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 60 gr sugar (including 8 gr of vanilla sugar)
- A few drops of red colorant (optional)
- 700 gr strawberries
- sugar to coat
- Beat egg whites, the pinch of salt and the sugar with an electric whisker until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon the meringue on it and shape it roughly as a thick disc. Hollow slightly the center with the back of the spoon. Bake for 1 h 10 until the meringue looks offwhite/golden.
- When done, turn off the heat and leave in the oven with the door slightly open until completely cooled.
- In the meantime, cover the strawberries with sugar and let sit in the fridge.
- Place a bowl and the whisk in the freezer 10 minutes before making the whipped cream.
- Whip the cream until it begins to thicken then add the sugar and whip for a few more minutes until soft waves form. Add a few drops of colorant and carefully incorporate.
- Cover the pavlova with the whipped cream and the strawberries just before serving.