One of the happiest things about Easter (appart from Jesus’ resurrection!) is all the nice food you get to eat or create 😉
These cute little nests were very easy and fun to make. I took my basic meringue recipe (4 egg whites, 250 gr sugar) and filled them with little chocolate and sugar eggs. As I needed some treats for my niece with food intolerances, I made for her some cookies and decorated them with a stencil and an icing made of blueberries, rice syrup and rice flour.
To make the Meringue nests:
4 egg Whites
250 gr Sugar
1 Pinch of sea salt
Chocolate or sugar eggs to decorate
- Preheat oven to 120°c
- Beat egg whites and the pinch of salt with an electric whisker until soft peaks form. Slowly add the sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks form and the meringue stays in the bowl when turned upside down.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and drop tablespoons of meringue.
- Give each nest a round shape and make a slight hollow in the center. With a piping bag make an edge around each nest.
- Bake for 1h-1h10 and then let cool in the oven with the door half open
- Decorate with eggs, cocoa powder or golden dust powder.