Hey friends, while baking some egg-free, milk-free, sugar-free muffins for my niece yesterday (she was travelling with her parents and it’s always nice to have something to eat at hand on long road trips), I thought about these pictures she took of intolerant friendly shortbreads I made for her (Her favorite cookie recipe). Actually, I developed this recipe two months ago and she and I have been making a few batches since but it’s always the same, no time for posting and pictures. Hopefully I still have the ones she made and I can share with you the recipe today 🙂 The muffins recipe will come next.
These cookies are egg-free, refined-sugar free, gluten-free and diary-free!
Ingredients (makes about 10 cookies):
- 56 gr vegetable margarine
- 25 gr coconut sugar
- 40 ml honey
- 150 gr Rice flour (or any flour that works for you)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together margarine, honey and coconut sugar.
- Sift in a bowl, the rice flour, salt and cinnamon. Add to the wet mixture and stir together (do not over beat or the dough will be too hard)
- Form dough into a disc and place in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Pre-heat oven to . Add lemon juice, flour, syrup and stir until the apple slices are well covered.
- Preheat oven to 180°c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Flatten the disc with a rolling pin until the dough is about 0,4 cm thick and make cookies with a cutout.
- Place on baking tray and in the middle of the oven for about 10 minutes.