I know I always post dessert recipes but I cook everyday complete meals for my family. I just don’t have the time to photograph it before serving. But now that my brother (a talented photographer and instagramer @d_malou) is back home, he very kindly helps with the food photography, improving the quality of my posts 😉 Anyway, I’m better at dessert but there a few meals or recipes I created that are worth posting.
This is my best recipe so far I think. It’s kind of a burger but much easier as you just put the smoked salmon as it is with no fuss mixing and making burger patties.
The famous Kaiser buns (These little round buns are all the fashion now!) are toasted a few minutes in a frying pan with olive oil for extra crispiness and when you drip a bit of lemon juice on the inside of the top before assembling it just tastes perfect!
Serve with crispy oven-baked fries and you have a chic and delicious “fast-food” meal 😉
Oven-baked fries (8 servings) :
- 3 kg potatoes (Any kind is fine)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the potatoes into slices then each slice into sticks.
- Rinse with cold water then place in a towel and dry very well.
- Toss in a bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper or other spices or herbs to your taste.
- Spread on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper and bake for about 25-35 minutes until gold and crispy.
Smoked salmon kaiser buns (makes 8 buns) :
- 8 Kaiser buns
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
- 50 gr fresh dill
- 2 red onions
- 4 lemons
- 3-4 avocados
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, cut the two red onions in thin slices and place in a small bowl. Squeeze the lemons and cover the onions with the juice. Add a little salt a let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, Take out the flesh of the avocados and mash with a fork. Keep in a bowl aside.
- Wash and cut the dill. Prepare and separate each slice of smoked salmon on a plate so that everything is ready for assembly .
- Pre-heat a frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Slice the buns and drizzle oil on the inside of each part.
- When the pan is very hot, place the buns and toast each side 1-2 minutes (add a pinch of salt too) to get it slightly golden and crispy.
- Repeat until all buns are done.
- For assembly, spread a thick layer of avocado, then a slice of salmon, a tablespoon of red onions with juice, salt and pepper and top with dill and the bun cover.
- Serve immediately with fries and a salad